Guardianships - Minors

Guardianships - Minors


There is no greater responsibility than being entrusted with the care of another person’s child. If you are the parents of a minor child, you want to make certain that you and only you are the ones to select a guardian in the event of an accident or unexpected health crisis. By establishing a succession of guardianship in your will, you can be sure that the people who you want raising your child will have the legal authority to do so. Attorney Paul M. Kade understands the importance of this component of his clients’ estate plans. He will prepare the documentation necessary to establish a legally binding guardianship in the state of Florida for you. To learn how to initiate a guardianship plan, contact the Miami Law Offices of Paul M. Kade.

Estate Planning and Guardianships in the State of Florida

As a parent, there are few concerns greater than the question of who will raise your child or children if you should have an early passing. Consequently, you probably have already determined who you would want to step in and raise your child. You may have even had a discussion with this person or couple. By establishing an estate plan with a will that outlines a guardianship succession, your wishes will be respected should the situation present itself. In addition to selecting a surrogate parent for your child or children, you can also set up guidelines as to how you would like your child raised with respect to education, religion, healthcare, et cetera. You also have the opportunity to select who will be in charge of handling the financial aspects of supporting your children. Contact attorney Kade to discuss the various options associated with guardianships.

Trusts and Guardianships

Many of our clients are interested in establishing a pool of resources that their designated guardians could access for their children. In some instances, the guardian also acts as the fiduciary over the trust, while in other cases, the estate principal considers it best to have a different person administer the trust. With proper planning, the trustee will be able to manage the financial affairs without court supervision with its attendant costs. The use of a trust also allows for the supervision of the child’s financial affairs beyond the age of 18. The Law Offices of Paul M. Kade can tailor an estate plan that meets your requirements.

Professional Estate Planning Attorney for South Florida

If you are the parents of minor children, you are aware of the importance of planning for all contingencies. If you reside in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, or Monroe counties, contact the Miami Law Offices of Paul M. Kade to set up an initial consultation. Our number is (305) 670-6929.